- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 13oz can black beans
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Put sweet potato into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for one hour (or microwave until you can put a fork easily through it)
- Remove from the oven and slice each potato lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides so that there is only a thin layer remaining lining the edges. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook the chopped vegetables until tender, about seven minutes. Seasoning with salt to taste.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the frying pan along with the lime juice.
- While the bean and vegetable combo is cooking, mash the mixture with the edge of a fork to break up the beans.
- Add the cooked sweet potato insides to the bean mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stuff potato with the bean mixture and serve